Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Almost There!

 
Getting quite excited now. One more shift then holidaaayyyy!

We have a bit of packing to do but most things are otherwise done, arranged or ready. The passports, tickets, ESTAs, insurance and currency are sorted so we can get there and back, pick up the RV and have money to spend. The house sitters are briefed and the fish have a willing feeder/carer so no issues at home to worry about.

I have a couple of motorbike refresher lessons to do yet. A fellow camera buff has offered me a 10.5mm fisheye lens to borrow (a very nice bit of kit) so I will collect that tomorrow. I have sorted my smartphone for use in the USA, doubled the netbook RAM to 2GB and loaded the photo and video editing software I use - we should not have to many issues blogging/facebooking as we feel the need! The new travel chess set is ready, the Kindle has some good eBooks loaded and the Spotify account is bursting with some great, quirky music for the road trip. The Golden Child will have some small birthday pressies to open on the flight (her birthday) and I have some Medised ready if she gets fractious!

I'm sure there is something we are forgetting but it can't be that important (I hope!).

Next post from the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment