Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

On The Road

Road Trip Day One

We picked up the RV without problems. Golden Child still poorly and very clingy though. She started vomiting as the guy was giving us a tour of the inside controls - cue hasty exit!

The planned family shop at Walmart turned into a solo expedition for me with a poorly, vomiting child being looked after by Mummy in the RV. "Why is my Daddy taking so long?" she kept asking I was later informed. I was about an hour (honest).

We drove through Boulder City and then across the very windy O'Callaghan-Tillman Bridge which bypasses the Hoover Dam. It is spectacular but from the bridge there is not much of a view and none of the Hoover Dam at all. I was just getting used to the RV and we didn't want to go too far so we then retraced our route a little to Lake Mead and found a nice RV site near the waters edge. A relaxed evening with a very fatigued and sleepy little girl followed. She slept with mummy and woke a few times in the night with a pyrexia and sore throat but this morning is happily playing with her birthday Lego. She says: "I'm feeling much better Grandma and I love you".

Today we will visit Hoover Dam before heading for Flagstaff, Arizona - about 220 miles. No rush, we got as much time as we want and may stop short if we feel like it.

1 comment: